As a conference centre event planner, you know that the success or failure of a meeting or convention hangs on you. And the reputation of your company depends on the success of each event. So when you decided to add hybrid meeting packages to your facility, you naturally were nervous about handing over control of a key aspect of the event. Or perhaps you haven’t yet supported hybrid meetings because you are nervous about the technology and how it works.
But the use of hybrid meetings is growing rapidly due to economic conditions and security concerns worldwide. Industry reports indicate there is “cut throat competition” between facilities in 2013. Also that value for money is more important than destinations. Adding support for hybrid meetings is becoming a necessity to attract business and keep revenues increasing.
When it comes to hybrid meetings using video streaming, competing means you need to:
- Deliver video to desktop and mobile platforms – and to the variety of browsers on each
- Ensure video quality is acceptable to every viewer, however and wherever they are viewing
- Do both of these without breaking your budget
But at the same time you don’t want to get bogged down in the technical details of making it work. You need a video streaming service provider that is:
- Reliable, so you and your company look great after the success of the event
- Simple to manage so you don’t have more details to worry about
- Reasonably priced with well-defined costs
- Known for great customer service
- Able to provide secure streaming solutions for those customers needing to protect their intellectual property or privacy online
And of course you need to do all this on a budget that leaves room for profit. So it’s important to be able to adjust your streaming plan based on the event bookings you have. There’s no sense paying hundreds of pounds per month if you don’t have any events scheduled using streaming. This flexibility isn’t available everywhere. You need to choose your provider carefully.
Powerful brands such as Sky, T-Mobile, BT, Fosters and Intel have chosen us as long standing partners for their streaming.
Benefits of using PlanetStream?
As a trusted partner you’ll receive benefits beyond what you’ll find with other providers:
- Local UK support dedicated to helping you succeed. No more waiting for calls back from a company three time zones ahead or behind you.
- Full suite of streaming services including on-going support (we never charge additional fees for support)
– Live streaming
– Video on-demand
– Internet TV or radio
– Secure streaming
- Free fully customisable player that works across platforms making sure every viewer has the best experience with less configuration and testing on your part
- A content delivery network with over 30 points of presence across the globe to provide lightning fast delivery of all your content no matter where your viewers are located
- Help locating a video production team, if you need one, from our video production directory
- Basic analytics provided with every account, plus the ability to add more as you need more
- Flexible month to month pricing packages that are easy to upgrade or downgrade as your needs change. Never get locked into a fixed price package again.
We have worked with PlanetStream on and off for three years now. Jobs have included everything from small events like streaming live meetings to 100 users around the UK, through to live panel discussions with celebrities, delivered on a global basis, with audiences estimated at 100,000. Every time the streaming has been flawless; actually we’ve had numerous comments from users that the streaming is the best they’ve ever seen. Their service is always quick, efficient and pleasant, and their knowledge of all things to do with video via web is comprehensive…I thoroughly recommend PlanetStream for any streaming job, no matter how big or small – great price and a great service. You can’t go wrong.
Oliver Gaffikin, GlobalPodium
PlanetStream was introduced to me via an existing satisfied customer…my previous experience in this field was very limited and PlanetStream provided simple to understand options at a value for money cost…PlanetStream has been a truly valuable and effective resource to the business.
Simon Sullivan, Northcliffe Media Group
We’d like to become your trusted partner
If any of this sounds interesting, here’s how we can help you get started with streaming services.
We’re PlanetStream, a UK based company whose Content Delivery Network offers the latest and fastest live streaming technology. We’ve been in the business since 2003 and understand how to use streaming to captivate audiences through the most current and highest quality video encoding technology.
We’ve long been involved with the Internet in most respects – web development, domain services, hosting, email, and promotion. Over 15 years of experience online gives us perspective and a unique understanding of your needs when it comes to the logistics and technical issues of streaming.