The 2012 Social Media Marketing Industry Report indicated video was in the top five social media tools used by marketers. A full 57% say they use video as a key strategy to reach their targeted audiences. The report goes on to show that 76% of marketers plan on increasing the use of video in their online marketing plans going forward.
And, according to eMarketer, spending on video ads alone will triple by 2017. Video ads make up the majority of the digital advertising market predicted to be valued at £8B in 2017.
Video advertising is just one of many markets you can tap into by offering a video streaming capability in conjunction with the rest of your hosting services.
What’s in it for you:
- A value added service you can offer customers with your branding… You can offer it as part of your own product. Just one of the many hosting services that you provide to help you compete in the marketplace
- Added revenue…you decide if and how much to charge for the streaming service in addition to your hosting package
Advantages for your customers:
- Direct web traffic directly to their site…no need to redirect them with a URL from YouTube or other site
- More control over video content, length, or quality…clients can create video to suit their needs, not to meet restrictions placed on them when using public streaming companies
- A partner to help them manage their video streaming (that’s you)…available when they need them rather than email support, if that, from public providers