Everyone wants video on their website, or at least they know they should have it. After all, Cisco predicts consumer video traffic will reach 69% of all consumer Internet traffic in 2017. The use of video in business or commercial applications is skyrocketing too.
As a web designer you help your clients put their videos online, embed them in their web pages, and create a web design that supports the use of video.
Chances are though, you’re probably most often embedding code from YouTube or a lesser known service. Maybe, on a rare occasion, help your clients self-host their videos.
But did you know there are tremendous advantages to using a private streaming service for your client’s videos?
Advantages for your client:
- Direct web traffic directly to their site…no need to redirect them with a URL from YouTube or other site
- More control over video content, length, or quality…clients can create video to suit their needs, not to meet restrictions placed on them when using public streaming companies
- A partner to help them manage their video streaming (that’s you)…available when they need them rather than email support, if that, from public providers
What’s in it for you:
- A value added service you can offer clients with your branding…keeps them working with you month after month to manage and provide the video streaming services
- Added revenue…you decide if and how much to charge for the streaming service
- Complete control over the player used for the streaming video…make the player match the website design rather than a generic, one size fits all solution from a public streaming provider
- Easy to manage backend to give the client just what they want…playlists, thumbnails, analytics, and more make working with client’s streaming simple and less time consuming than self-hosted or public solutions
Whatever business your clients are in, they can benefit from video streaming services. Here are some examples:
- Demonstrating products
- Displaying features
- Establishing credibility
- Illustrating benefits
- Teaching concepts
- Proving claims
Video has been proven to improve conversion rates by amazing amounts. The actual numbers vary by company, but some case studies have report improvements of up to 160%! Taking the time to help your clients understand and use video on their websites can be an incredible gain for both of you.